Thursday, December 25, 2003

The Trip in Photos - Part 3 - Franz Josef Glacier

Now that I'm back home, my blisters are a memory and my bruises are almost faded, I .. well, I still think I should have done something other than the half-day glacier walk (with Franz Josef Glacier Guides), but since I was so determined to walk on a damn glacier, I think it was something I had to experience to know I didn't want to do it.

Photo One -- A postcard, showing Franz Josef glacier in a state of pretty whiteness, reaching down into the valley:

">

Photo Two -- A photograph I took of the glacier showing how it actually was (dirty and receding):

">

Photo Three -- View of the glacier from up close.  That's people there for scale.

">

Photo Four -- Only evidence I have that I was on the glacier.  I took this photo.  Honest.

">

Photo Five -- The certificate (not exactly suitable for framing) that says I was there:

">

No comments: