Sunday, June 13, 2010

Out of Sync

I've been out of sync with my own life lately, which has been really annoying.
When I'm at work, I think about the stuff I should be doing at home.

When I'm home, I'm fantasizing about some hot actor or another.

When I'm ready for bed and trying to go to sleep, I'm thinking about work.

Everything I need is there, it's just hitting at the wrong time.  It puts my productivity in the toilet (both at work and at home) and doesn't really help with sleep, either (which is yet another reason my productivity is in the toilet).  

I've been rather better this past week -- taking some time off has helped me reset, I think  -- but, I've definitely spent quite a bit of time this past month or so out of sync with my own life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel that way too a lot. I feel like I'm always focusing on the thing that I can't work on. Or I feel like if I'm doing really well at work, everything all home fall apart. It's like I can't find the happy balance.