Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Unfortunate Cockroach Incident

I've checked that picture I posted a couple of times, and I can't find the cockroach.  I'm sure it was there.

See, here's what happened:  while I was writing that last post, I thought I heard odd chittering in my ear.  I was instantly reminded of that House episode when that dude had a cockroach in his ear.  And I actually scratched at my ear to see if there was a roach there.  And, of course, there was nothing.  It was a little itchy and I made with a cotton swab, but nothing.  I figure I would haven noticed if there was an actual cockroach in my ear -- after all, the dude in House was screaming in pain.  I shook my hair a few times and went back to typing.

And after the post was done, the roach dropped from my hair to my shirt, and I screamed like a little girl.  

Dude, roller coaster screams are nothing to "Holy crap, there's a roach on my boob!"

It was relatively small and I ultimately gave it an appropriate burial at sea.

Still:  uck, uck, uck!

1 comment:

Wil said...

I'm so sorry that I missed this the first time around. The mental image of you hopping around the hotel room, swiping your hand across your chest while cursing better (or worse, depending on POV) than a demented sailor, is priceless.