Friday, March 3, 2006

No! Anything but that!

This event thing -- which I'm not talking about only because there's an off chance people involved may be reading and I should keep all my headaches private -- had a very bad day yesterday.

So bad, in fact, that I made brownies at 11:00 last night.

And then, while the brownies were cooling, I heard that unmistakable sound of something untoward happening in the fridge -- like the big half gallon of OJ just tipped on its side or something.

So I need to open the fridge to get some cold water out -- and I figure I'll pick up whatever fell -- and when I open the door, the carton of eggs, which had somehow fallen out of its little plastic compartment in the fridge door and was, at this point, precariously balanced between the door and one of the shelves -- well, that carton comes crashing down, splattering its contents all over the inside of my fridge and my kitchen floor.

Yeah, nothing like cleaning up five broken eggs to really put a cap on a day.

No comments: