Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh yeah, THAT's why

So, last night, I'm minding my own business, eating dinner, watching Lost, and wondering (yet again) whether selling my condo and buying a house won't turn out to be a huge mistake.  I mean, it'll cost me more in the monthly payment (largely because of the major increase in property taxes) and I haven't really taken into consideration how many other expenses come with home ownership (gardener, increased utility bills... geez, I'll have to pay for garbage service...)  I know this is all perfectly normal home-buying jitters, but I'm still doing it anyway.  So I'm sitting there thinking about how my condo is perfectly fine, and I've got some friends here, and why do I want to leave them, and ...

... and then I hear it.  From the unit above mine.  Bedsprings.  Squeaking.  Loudly.  Slowly at first, then faster, Faster, FASTER!!!  I have to pause the TV because it's really hard to concentrate on Lost at this point. Maybe moving isn't such a bad idea after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the upstairs neighbors a Tempurpedic mattress and box spring set? ;)

Good luck with selling your condo. We want pictures of the new place, too, of course.

Anonymous said...

We used to have next door neighbors when we lived in an apartment who mated like rabbits!  All hours of the day we would hear, "Oh Todd!" over and over.  Yes, you do need to move!
Lori