Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sisters! Rejoice!

It's here!  The fine folks at Maidenform are now actually marketing that really cool backless bra from American Inventor.  Much excitement among those of us who'd like to wear our backless dresses.

And it looks like they've (very wisely) marketed the damn thing as a backless bra -- which is what it is -- rather than as the 6-in-1 convertible (or whatever the hell they'd made the designer turn it into on American Inventor).  Because Maidenform is apparently aware of what most of us gals (including the bra's designer) are aware of -- which the American Inventor panel wasn't -- stupid however-many-in-one convertible bras are a dime a dozen.  They rarely work in even one configuration.  But a good backless bra with decent support (that isn't a freakin' corset) is pretty much the holy grail of bra design. 

Can't wait till mine arrives. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to let us know if it works on women who actually have breasts!  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm a petite 5'1 woman, who weighs a mere 115-120lbs. I truly believe 15 of those pounds are on my chest. We are talking 38DD's. I would give anything to have something that actually supported the top heavy of my issue, primarily my boobs. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I remember that from the show.  It will be interesting to check one out.
Lori