Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Absolutely the Coolest Thing About My Parents' Visit

So, my folks were visiting over the weekend. Went pretty well -- took my dad to the ball game (which, as previously noted, the Dodgers tanked) but we bonded over soft serve, so it was good; took my mom to the theatre, which was also good.

But the bestest part was on Saturday, when my folks came over to my house. My mom and I were sitting at the computer (I was showing her some stuff) and my dad was sitting on the sofa, watching TV.

Now, I have DishTV -- and since they've hidden BBCAmerica in their "Silver" package, and I got the extra HD channels, AND I just subscribed to Showtime (damn you, "Dexter," for costing me an extra $12.99), I've got over 300 channels cluttering up my guide. So I used the "Favorites" feature to make a personal program guide comprised of all 60 or so channels which I could conceivably ever want to watch. And I set the box so that it defaults to that program guide.

So my favorite part of my parents visit was when my dad said, "Don't you get Fox News on this thing?"

Um, no. Not on my program guide.

1 comment:

Wil said...

Cracked me up, big time. Now explain how any erudite gentleman could possibly listen to their drivel...