Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Sign My Cat is Smarter Than She Lets On

So, I've been working really hard on the "get sleep" plan.  Most work days (I still haven't figured it out for weekends), I stop doing stuff at 8:00 and just crash on the couch and unwind, so that I can get to bed at a decent hour.

For me, unwinding often starts with dinner, which is eaten in front of the TV.

And I always feed the cat her dinner before I feed me mine.  This initially began as a matter of self- (or, at least food-) preservation, back when she was a kitten.  The only possible way I would be able to eat in peace, without a little feline nose poking around my dinner plate, would be to plop down the cat food immediately before grabbing my own food.  This way, she'd be otherwise occupied (and full) and less likely to steal some of my grub.

So, every day at 8:00, the cat food hits the mat, then I prepare and eat my own food as the unwinding part of the evening starts.  I've been pretty good about this -- except, as I said, for weekends, when it is all shot to hell, because sometimes the TV goes on early in the afternoon, and then the plan falls apart.

It certainly did yesterday, when I was watching TV while surfing the web from about 3:00 onward.

Until the meowing started.  

At 7:58.

Holy crap.  She can tell time.

No comments: