Thursday, February 21, 2013

I lied

I did not get 3 hours of sleep.

I got 2 hours of sleep.

It was just around 1:15 when I realized that my hot water circulation pump would not be on when I woke up at 3:30, so I would be waking up to a mildly warm shower.  Great.

So, here are some things that suck about operating on two hours of sleep:

1.  I cannot see straight.  Literally.  Normally, I do not need my glasses when I wake up -- my eyes just adjust.  Not so now.  The extra effort to focus is just not there.

2.  I cannot keep more than one thought in my head at one time.  I have no idea how many things are going to be on this list.

3.  Those little aches and pains which generally heal overnight did not have time to do so.  So that place I smacked my knuckles on the suitcase last night still hurts.  As does ... whatever I did to my toe.

4.  Can't remember whatever I did to my toe.

5.  I'm pretty sure I lack judgment.  Of the eight books on my shelf, I could not decide which one to take with me to read in transit.  I picked the one my eyes could focus on.

I've triple-checked that I have my passport (and my watch, dammit).  Other than that, no idea if I'm prepared to leave in five minutes.  Although I believe I'm leaving in five minutes.

No comments: