Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This Cannot Possibly Go Well

Hey everyone!  It's my standard about-to-leave-on-a-trip post!

I couldn't take today off work (way too slammed) and I couldn't skip my tutoring lesson tonight (way too necessary) which means that it's 9:15 and I haven't had dinner yet.  Or finished packing.  And I have to get up at 3:30 tomorrow morning to catch an early flight.  On a day on which I will then be awake until about 2:30 in the morning.

To review:  I will do a 23-hour day on what is likely to be about 3 hours of sleep.

It is a very good thing that I am not operating heavy machinery.

(I am, however, dealing with a cat who just figured out what the suitcase means and is ever so lovingly digging her too-sharp claws into my sweater.  And chest.)

And while, yes, this particular scenario is all of my own making and clearly falls under the heading of First World Problems, the only thought that I can manage to keep in my head at the moment (other than "Ow") is that, yeah, this cannot possibly go well.




No comments: