Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

I'll post all the (mind-numbing) details of today's travels sometime tomorrow.  For now, I'll just say that I'm somewhat inebri-  intoxi- pissed, and I smell a little of vodka.  (It's not what you think; Sasha couldn't pour very well near the bottom of the bottle.)

Am pleased to report that neither underground car I travelled home in tonight had vomit in it; am even more pleased to report that I was not a part of the problem.  

I'm staying awake just long enough to drink this here cup of tea -- because it is criminal that a place would serve unlimited wine and champagne on New Year's Eve, but be incapable of supplying a tea (or coffee) chaser.  Seriously, people, I was getting on a train with all those lights and fast-moving signs and stuff, you'd think a little stomach-settler would be a good idea.

I digress.  My point:  It's about an hour and half into 2014 from where I sit and I want to wish everyone who reads me a happy new year full of only good things.

No comments: