Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Fourth Thing

There are, I am fond of saying, three things for which I will willingly get up before dawn:  a flight, a court order, and the Rose Parade.  (Being as I'm in London now, the third is not presently an option.)

I did, however, add a fourth thing to the list.  I woke up at 5:00 a.m., took the very first underground train out of the station (thought, "Damn, busses were running earlier"), and went out to the theatre, where I joined a queue of other like-minded individuals (I was 17th) at about 6:00 a.m.  We were waiting for standing room tickets to an otherwise really sold out play.  Four hours later, I am happy to report that I obtained not only a ticket, but one for an actual seat.  (There were two performances today and nearly everyone in line in front of me wanted the evening performance -- so I was, like, second in line for the matinee.)  Very exciting.  Will report later.  Gotta change out of my waiting-on-the-street clothes into my going-to-the-theatre clothes.

No comments: