Sunday, October 30, 2005

Follow up re: scale (see entry below)

So, I thought I'd follow your advice and investigate whether my scale is accurate.  I decided to keep weighing myself repeatedly, to see whether it changed its mind.

Were it an actual conversation, it would've gone something like this:

Me:  What do I weigh this morning?

Scale:  4.

Me:  Are you sure about that?  You said 4 last night before I went to bed.  What about that 2 pounds of weight everyone drops at night while sleeping?

Scale:  I said "4."

Me:  Y'know, the folks on the internet said you might not be accurate.  Said you might just change your mind if I step off and step back on again.  You want to try that again?

Scale:  4.

Fine.  I shower.  I get out of the shower (wearing towel around head as per usual).

Me:  So, what is it now?

Scale:  5.

Me:  5?!  Are you kidding me?  This big wet towel has to weigh more than a pound.  That 4 earlier is starting to sound pretty fishy to me.

Scale:  5.

Me:  Oh come on.

Scale:  (in its very best Monty Python voice)  Five shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be five.

I dry my hair.  I wait a while.  I get back on the scale.

Scale:  6!

Me:  You're shitting me.

Scale:  OK.  2?

Me:  Sold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)