Sunday, February 24, 2008

Well, if you're gonna oversleep...

... the best time to do it is when you have a hair appointment.

I think I have mentioned my occasional tendency to "lose time" (as Agent Mulder would describe it).  Nothing paranormal going on.  It's just the combination of not getting enough sleep and a medication that "may cause drowsiness."  Put 'em both together, hit the snooze alarm once, and next thing you know, it's an hour later and the cat is staring you down with a look that says, "Look, I tried.  What'd you want me to do? Jump on you?"

I woke up at 10:20.  My appointment was at 11:00.  About 15 minutes away.  I never would have made it if it was anything other than a hair appointment, but being as it is was, it was completely acceptable to tie my hair up in a scrunchie.  Threw clothes on, brushed teeth, fed cat, turned Roomba on, clicked on the photoframe with the "Buy My Condo" slide show, and hit the door.

Normally, I wouldn't fret about being late to a hair appointment, but there was all sorts of karma riding on this one.  Lance, my hair guy, was starting at a new salon, and I was his first appointment.  His only appointment.  The salon isn't even open on Sundays, but he'd offered for me to come in today, and I agreed.  (He later said that, in his culture, today is considered a good day for starting on a business venture.)  So this was all about giving him Good Vibes for the new job, and I would've been letting him down if I started off his new job by showing up late. 

My car screeched into the parking lot at about 10:57.  Oh yeah.  I rock.

.... and thanks for reading (and commenting), Mona.  I don't try to break records with comments or anything, but it's nice to know I'm being read.  :)

No comments: