Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Knew This Time Would Come

I'm old.

I am officially old.

No... not the grey hairs.  I've accepted that.

I went dress shopping today and I saw ... shit I used to wear as a teenager.  It's back.  Fashion (in the broadest sense of the term) that was hip in the 80s is now in again.  Bustier tops with big ratty skirts and little black boots.  I swear, all it needs is a "Boy Toy" belt and it's right out of a Madonna video.  You don't believe me?  Look at what Jessica McClintock is pitching as part of its prom collection!  And dresses with leggings, people!  They're back!  We are just one scary step away from leg warmers as a fashion statement.  What I grew up with is now ... retro.  :::sob:::

2 comments:

Wil said...

Wake me when the mini-skirt returns ... again.

Peg said...

Every 20 years.... it's like clockwork. This time, we're smart enough to avoid the fashion train wrecks.