Sunday, March 7, 2010

Uh-oh

Found a worm in the laundry room.

Thought the cat might like it, so I picked her up and carried her in there.  She did, indeed, like the worm.  I put her down and she stared at it for a while, then started batting cautiously at it.  

I left my furry little predator in there.

Came back a little while later.  Cat had gone.

Could not find the worm.

Had a couple thoughts on where it might be.  (Its little wiggly corpse a gift on my pillow?  Feline ate her prey in triumph?  Worm is still alive, now crawling around my kitchen?)  None of these fills me with happy.

2 comments:

Warner (aka ntsc) said...

My wife hates snakes. The cat is fascinated with them. The cat has been known to bring 'friends' home for lunch.

Lori said...

The comment above made me remember a cat my sister had that would bring snakes home to feed her babies. Another sister drew a cartoon of it, with the babies asking, "Aw, Mom, snake again? Can't we have mice or birds like all the other kittens?!"