Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a Freakin' Conspiracy

When I got my house, I went to the Post Office, cancelled my PO Box, and picked up a voter registration form.  I filled it out with my new address and mailed it in.

Yet, when the next election rolled around, no voter materials were mailed to me.  I checked my local voter registration website which had no record of me.  Not at my new address; not at my old address either.  (Not even at the apartment I lived at in between the two -- I was pretty sure I never re-registered there, but checked it just in case.)
So, when I went to the DMV to renew my license, I checked the little box saying "register me to vote."  I got a receipt and everything, saying that they forwarded the information to the registrar of voters.

And when I got home today -- information for the upcoming primary was in my mailbox.

... addressed to the former owner.

Checked again on the voter registration website and I'm still not in there.

That's two failed registrations, in case you're counting.

I did, however, get a summons for jury duty.

No comments: