Thursday, February 10, 2005

I regret this already

For this week's homework, John Scalzi asks:

Weekend Assignment #47: Reveal Your Teenage Celebrity Crush! Oh, come on. We all had one. Share yours, and tell us why that particularly celebrity tripped your teenage trigger.

Extra Credit: Tell us: Do you still have a little teeny bit of a crush on that celebrity? Yes? No? Maybe so?

OK, here's the thing (she says, making excuses already), when I was a kid, I totally bought into that whole "it's what's on the inside that counts" thing.  I never really went for the pretty boys in Tiger Beat.  No, not me.  I was always firmly in the "Brains Is Sexy" camp.  So, um, when all the other girls were plastering their walls with posters of Shaun Cassidy and Rick Springfield, I, um, had a secret thing for, um, gosh, uh...

Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock.

There.  I said it. 

Do I still have a teeny bit of a crush on him?  No.  Not at all.  Not the leastest bit.  Although, occasionally, I've found that "Data" chap quite attractive.  I mean, what with the brains and having been programmed with many different techniq--  I've said too much already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I never would've guessed that would be your crush.. But hey - at least you had the right idea at a young age about the brains things.. So hard to find a man these days with brains and brawn.. I would settle for brains lol..
Come see my crush if you like :).. Oh and I added you to my alerts, I find your j very interesting.
~Tammy
http://journals.aol.com/lilbithvnnhell/startingover

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness.  A half-alien (and I'm not talking about the cross-the-border type) and an adroid? (That's OK. While people were drooling over George Clooney, I always thought Anthony Edwards was kinda cute.)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out how to make a one-eyebrow-raised smiley, so I'll simply say, "fascinating."
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I thought you were going to say Alf or something, what with the *shucks, toe kickin'* lead in. I can totally see how you'd have hankered for intelligence, though. And the thing he does with his fingers?! Holy cow, I'd get ants in my pants just trying to get my fingers to do it.

My big celebrity crushes were, alas, Shaun Cassidy, David Cassidy, Scott Baio, Leaf Garrison, and Fonzi.

I'm so shallow.

Anonymous said...

That is nothing to be embarrassed about!  After all, brains ARE sexy! Mine also had a Star Trek connection, and a definite intelligence factor. - Karen