Monday, August 3, 2009

The phone book?

I can't remember where I first heard the phrase, "I'd pay to watch him read the phone book," but I've used it a lot ever since.

I will no longer use it. I have a replacement now.

When looking at the list of in-flight entertainment on British Air, I happened to recognize an actor's name. Robson Green. He's in that very dark British police psychologist drama thing I like, Wire in the Blood. (Indeed, based on recommendations, I've also Netflixed an equally dark British police drama thing he was in, Touching Evil.) So, what was he in on the British Air in-flight entertainment?

"Extreme Fishing with Robson Green." It is exactly what it sounds like. Some Discovery-Channel-esque thing where he tries to catch dangerous fish.

I did not watch this. Apparently, my appreciation of Mr. Green's talents has limits. But I also have a new test for exactly how awesome an actor is: Would I pay to watch him fish?

1 comment:

Elen said...

Oooh that is a pretty good test. On average I would have to say a big fat no.
Good to see you are having "experiences!"