Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jamie Oliver Would Be So Proud

At Costco, I bought, like, 12 chicken breasts, and a ton of corn, potatos, and fruit.

I came home and realized I'd have to cook it.  (Well, not the fruit.  Although I did spend about a half hour decapitating three pounds of strawberries.)

I stared at the chicken breasts.  For some reason, it was about 9:30 when the staring commenced.  (Oh, right, spent an hour on the Verizon website trying to find a way to give them more money.  You'd think they'd be more user-friendly when the issue comes down to "gee, I'd like to pay for higher speed DSL.  Sigh.)

So.  Contemplated today's packet of two chicken breasts.  In wanting to prepare them quickly, I remembered that I'd bought some of them Ziplock Microwave Steam Bags.  They claim to work with poultry.  Chicken is poultry.

I also have a lemon (I have lots -- I have a tree).  And, come to think of it, some rosemary.  Rosemary lemon chicken.  That sounds like food, right?

(I am ashamed to admit that, although I purchased the rosemary about two years ago, I haven't yet opened it.)

I take the plastic cap off the rosemary, and take a few lemon slices.  Put chicken in bag.  Put lemon slices on chicken.  Sprinkle with rosemary, as though I know what I'm doing.

Cook for about 6 1/2 minutes in the microwave.  What comes out is cooked chicken.  Smelling like rosemary.  And it's sorta soaking in lemon juice.  I take it out of the bag and taste it.

It's juicy as hell.  Not even tasteless.  


I'm very pleased with myself.

No comments: