Friday, September 24, 2004

Not Quite The Homework

If I were at home, I'd be posting something swell about my sister, coupled with an adorable photograph of cute sisterly selves.

But I'm not at home, because of ... my sister.

Today started out normally.  I had all sorts of plans to go to work, go to dinner with a friend, and make my way to Yom Kippur services with the aforementioned friend.

Around 9:00 a.m., my sister calls.  My sister and her husband had planned to go to Arizona to spend Yom Kippur with my parents.  (I had come for Labor Day instead.)  But she called this morning to report that her husband was feeling really sick, and to ask if I would come to Arizona in his place.

Fast forward through:  throwing clothes in a suitcase; applauding myself for always keeping that "bathroom bag" packed ("just in case I need to leave the country in a hurry"); calling someone to take care of the cat; going to work; several phone calls with my sister while she, in turn, made several phone calls to the airline; an hour and a quarter drive to the airport near my sister (as opposed to the one near me); and, presto, 8 hours later I'm on a flight to Arizona.  With my sister.  Because she asked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good sis!