Saturday, January 27, 2007

Kitty-Filtered Air

A little while after I got Jasmine, a friend -- noticing that I was stressed -- suggested that I breathe some kitty-filtered air.

I replied, "Huh?"

"You take the kitty," he explained, "and hold her in your arms, face-up."

"Uh-huh," I said, dubiously.

"Then you bury your face in the kitty belly and breathe kitty-filtered air."

Ohhh.

I admit, I felt ridiculous trying it.  One of those things you do when you're alone but you still look over your shoulder to make sure nobody catches you doing it.

And it works.

OK, yes, I know.  The kitty does not actually filter the air.  But it is a remarkable cure for stress.  Every once in awhile, I'll even find myself suggesting to someone else, "Y'know, you could really use some kitty-filtered air."  Calms you right down like nothing else. 

Which is my way of saying I've been breathing kitty-filtered air quite a bit today.  Don't want to OD on it or anything, but that's some high quality stuff, man.  I'll let y'all in on the details when I'm able, but right now, I've got the kitty filtering system working overtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is cute!  I think it would work well if the kitty happened to be purring.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're stressing, but I'm glad you've got a good treatment for it! lol
Lori