Sunday, January 6, 2008

Well, it should be a word

Was playing Scrabble last night with some friends.  And we didn't have a dictionary on us, so whether something counted as an actual word was basically determined by whether we could convince the other people in the game that it was, indeed, a word.

So, the word "slabs" was on the board, and I had an "E" and an "N."  And I thought, "enslabs."

And then I start thinking... is that a word?

Should be a word.  No reason why it couldn't be a word.

You know, "enslab," verb.  To put in a slab.

I tried it out, but the group wasn't buying.  "Use it in a sentence," they said.

And without blinking, I said, "Han Solo was enslabed in carbonite."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a hoot!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I never was good at scrabble , I got your link from Magic smoke and I would like to invite you to my journal , http://journals.aol.com/shrbrisc/sherrys-public-journey/
hugs
Sherry