Wednesday, July 23, 2008

(More) Humor at the Expense of My Cat

OK, from my kitchen, there is a large pass-through opening into my dining room.  My cat is not allowed on the kitchen counter.  She knows this -- or, at least, knows it enough not to climb on the kitchen counter when I'm there to see her.

So, the other day, I'm getting ready to feed her.  I get out a cat food bowl and reach into the magic drawer where we keep cans of Friskies. 

Jasmine hears the drawer.  She knows this means Friskies.  She comes tearing down the hallway.  Knowing that she can't jump on the kitchen counter, she jumps on the dining room table so she can watch me preparing her dinner through the pass-through. 

Cat on a tear + jumping on the table = a great deal of velocity.  Cat slides across the table, coming to a stop right in the center (amazingly, without toppling the centerpiece).

And the soundtrack in my mind immediately adds the opening notes of Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll."

(Cat has no idea why I'm bowled over laughing while spooning out the Friskies.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All she needed was a pair of tighty-whities...  Lisa  :-]