Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And now, a post just for the ladies

I recently stumbled upon a secret that men have been keeping from us.

When I went to Vegas recently, it was only for a couple days, so I didn't check any baggage; I just crammed everything into my carry-on. This means that all liquids and gels had to be in little 3 ounce containers. (Yes, it's actually 100 ml, which is more than 3 ounces -- but having tried to get a 100 ml bottle past security in the past, I know not to fight this.) And, although I had a travel countainer of shaving gel, the damn thing was 3.5 ounces.

Went to the grocery store and stood in the aisle where they keep all the travel-size items. No shaving gel at all.

Shaving cream. For men. In a two-ounce countainer.

I think, "Why not?" A razor's a razor; unwanted hair is unwanted hair. I look around to make sure nobody is watching and I plop the container of Gillette Foamy in my shopping cart.

Holy freakin' cow. Best shave I've ever had. That stuff is so ... foamy. So rich, so thick -- I got an awesome shave with it.

Upon returning, I vowed to hunt down some shaving cream for women. And I did -- some stuff from Barbasol. Claims to be silky and smell like raspberry. I see no evidence of either. Sure, it's better than that shave gel they've been trying to pawn off on us for years, but it can't compete with the wonder that is Foamy.

Trust me on this.

1 comment:

Elen said...

Hehe. Men always have the best stuff!