Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Ponderings Cont'd

(My mom, bless her, emailed to ask why 42 is the answer to the ultimate question.  Then she told me on the phone that she, in fact, remembered and felt silly for sending the email.  Yes, people, my mother has got geek cred.)

(Well, of course she does.  We've been sharing Algebra problems for about 30 years now.)

OK, where was I?  Making a small bit of progress on the birthday front.  A friend came up with a good idea except it happens to involve seeing a movie.  And the big movies that come out around my birthday are the third Twilight movie and everything the studios have so little faith in that they're willing to release them opposite the third Twilight movie.  (OK, OK... the latest Adam Sandler vehicle and the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz action comedy.  And while I appreciate that both of these films are aiming for a demographic that's rather closer to my own, neither one commands the sort of interest as, say, Iron Man 2.)  So, I either trash the idea, or move my birthday up a month or so to sometime more convenient

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! Ive always wanted "geek cred"