Monday, January 23, 2006

Shows on Fox

So, looks like "American Idol" is preempting "House" again this week.  I am bummed by this.  Yes, I know, I can still watch an Englishman acting like a total jerk to people, but it somehow isn't quite the same.

And speaking of "American Idol," did you ever imagine, in your wildest dreams, any situation in which you'd say "Dorothy Hamill is following in Paula Abdul's footsteps"?  Yeah, me neither.  It's a weird world we live in.

Too bad about Todd Bridges on "Skating With Celebrities."  They totally should've kicked Nancy and Dave ..  dude still won't skate with toe picks.  Dude, you've gotta have the right footwear for the--  holy cow!  Dave Coulier is the Master P of figure skating. 

Anyway, the day they eliminate Kurt Browning from this thing is the day I stop watching.  Like they think I actually tune in to watch Jillian Barberie do a layback spin?  Yeah, sure, she's miles ahead of the rest of the class on this, but really, could you imagine what Dick Button would say about her free leg on that?  Look, if I want to see better skating than Jillian and the rest of the celebs, I can just go to my neighborhood rink and watch eight-year-olds skate rings around them.  I tune in to watch the professional skaters be adorable -- and ain't nobody does this better than Kurt Browning. 

So, yeah, the day they eliminate Kurt is the day I stop watching.

Come to think of it, that's kinda win-win for me, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think so (being a win-win thing for you) I don't follow any of these shows or reality shows much in general. Come to think of it, I don't watch much TV; on the computer too much :)

Have a good Tuesday

betty

Anonymous said...

To me, this show is like watching a wreck. You know you should turn away, but you're too fascinated to stop watching. Yep - I'll be watching it for a while. Rhonda