Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photo Set -- Santa Barbara

Ahh, finally got some time to upload the pictures.

First, some photos of my awesome room at the bed & breakfast in Santa Barbara:



That's the pretty bed; the pretty jacuzzi-tub and, to the right ...



... the pretty fireplace, in front of which I dried my kayak-dumped clothes.

Also from Santa Barbara, I give you the view from the launch site from which I did not do a tandem paraglide.  (Stupid misbehaving wind.)  Although when I took the photo, I thought we would be launching.



That field of white is clouds.

In Sacramento this week (for my job), we had a class on weapons, and a few people randomly drawn from the class were taken on a field trip to the firing range, and given a chance to fire various handguns and rifles.  I didn't get selected, but some of my friends were.  In the van to the airport this morning, they were telling us about the experience.  One of them, who'd never held a gun before, commented about how the experience really got her heart pumping.  She didn't like it.  She volunteered that, "some people really like that adrenaline rush, but I'm not an adrenaline junkie at all."  The rest of the van nodded and made noises of agreement.  I was strangely silent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice room. Wise, not blowing your cover like that...