Monday, October 4, 2004

Alarm Clock

Over the weekend, my alarm was set for 10:00.

Last night, I set it for 7:00, and crawled in bed.

Then I thought, "Oh wait -- I don't have to be at work until 9:30."  Realizing I could really use that extra half-hour of sleep, I reached over and reset my alarm.

I have never in my life reset my alarm clock without turning on the light and doing it right.

But really, how hard could it be?  Turn alarm function off, hold down the timer button, hit the minute button until the readout says 7:30, toggle between "current time" and "alarm time" to make sure everything is as it should be, turn alarm function back on, snuggle back into bed.

Guess which step I missed.

I found out at 7:36, when my back-up alarm clock went off.

That would be the one that's cute and furry, and meows when it's about time to be let into the bedroom for the morning pet-fest. 

I'm so proud of her -- getting me up on time for work.  (I just hope she doesn't carry her enthusiasm for waking me up at 7:30 into the weekends.)

Good kitty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing the fuzzball was on the job. But what were you thinking?
Not.
I see.

wil