Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Really Here

Yes, I made it to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Santa Barbara.  I walked from the train station to my hotel – which looked like three blocks on the map, but the map didn’t say anything about “oh yeah, there’s a hill.  And that street has no street lights.”  Met some random nice local who was out walking his cat – wondering if I needed directions to the Youth Hostel.  Continued walking uphill in the relative dark, wondering why I’d thought this was a good idea.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Found my bed and breakfast before the check-in desk closed.  Got given a map and directions to my room (which I repeated back) and info on breakfast (which I also repeated – and promptly forgot).  Found my room and

 

… holy crap.  I took pictures, but out of everything I brought, I didn’t bring the uploading cable so you’ll have to wait.  Fireplace.  Jacuzzi tub.  Big screen TV.  After I unpack, I’m gonna aim that TV toward the tub, and dive on in.  Gotta do what I can to make my arm feel better for kayaking tomorrow.

No comments: