Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Very Unfortunate Discovery About My New Place

Things you don't want to learn the hard way: the snooze button on the alarm clock is broken.

I innocently smacked that thing this morning, hoping for the extra standard 8-12 minutes of sleep. Twenty minutes later, I wake up of my own accord, and the clock radio still hasn't gone back on.

The really sad part is -- I'm not going to replace the alarm clock. I think that if I actually wake up when my alarm clock goes off, I might show up at work on time a bit more often.

Happy news: it took about 24 hours, but that cat started using the box tonight (yay!) and even ate supper. I'm very relieved. 24 hours is a very long time to not ... put anything in one end or out the other. She's still a bit skittish, but is exploring our new environs and seems a lot more comfortable. And I went back to the condo and brought her basket, which I'd forgotten yesterday. She likes to curl up in it a lot, so I thought she'd feel better with her comfy basket. Maybe it'll get her out from under the bed tonight.

No comments: