Sunday, November 15, 2009

And... there's another weekend in the dumpster

OK, sure, it isn't quite over yet.  But this weekend is definitely shaping up like so many before it, in which I get not a damn thing done.

It generally starts with staying up very late on Friday (2:00 or beyond), then sleeping in very late on Saturday (1:00ish).  Not actually getting dressed or doing anything till around 3:00, then trying to put together plans when the day is pretty much shot.  Repeat again on Sunday.

To be fair, I actually managed to haul my sorry butt out of the house yesterday around 4:30.  There was just enough time to grab some food at the mall food court, catch a movie (The Men Who Stare at Goats, which neither as funny or OMG-Did-We-Really-Fund-This scary as it should have been), and get my nails done.  (Seriously, it was a two-hour manicure/pedicure.  Gotta love people who take pride in their work.)  Came home after 9:00, fed the cat, watched some TV, and somehow ended up calling it a night about ten minutes before 2:00.

And today, although the alarm went off as planned at 9:30, and although I was actually awake before it went off, I somehow didn't get up until around 11:00 anyway.  It's now nearly 3:00, and all I have to show for the day are some internet message board posts, and two so-far-unsuccessful attempts to find someone to go to an opening night with me tonight (as my guest cancelled sick).  I've actually put on clothes and began the process of taking out the trash, but the trash is still inside.

The bills are unpaid; the laundry is unwashed; the big pile of paperwork I intended to deal with is undealt with; the dishwasher is unemptied; the thermos is unwashed; the boxes are still packed; the last chapters of the book are still unread; ... and I've got less than 3 hours before I have to leave for the show.

On the other hand, I've downloaded some music onto my Droid, so I can now have "Life on Mars" as my ringtone, so, y'know, all is right with the world.


No comments: