Sunday, October 28, 2007

An Unexpected Level of Customer Service

My credit card expires this month, so they sent me a new one.  It had one of those stickers on it with a number you have to call from your home phone in order to activate the card.  (Y'know, as a security measure, to make sure the card got to the right house.)

So, I pick up the phone and dial the number, expecting to hear the pre-recorded voice thank me for calling Citibank and telling me my card has now been activated.

Instead the computerized voice said:  "Hello, you sexy man."

Yeah.  Apparently the sex line is one digit off from the card activation line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, sorry...but it's funny!  I've had it happen, too.

I once had a phone # that was one digit different from a 24 hr. radio station.  Talk about requests, at all hours! HA