Saturday, August 7, 2004

Tattoo WHO?

For this week's homework, Scalzi asks:

You have to get a tattoo. Explain what image you would choose and why -- and where you would put it.

I have to, huh?

Well, in that case, I would go for the world-famous "love dot."

You remember the "love dot," right?  It's that tattoo that sitcom characters always end up getting when they plan to get some other tattoo, but then -- as soon as the needle actually touches their skin -- they realize that tattoos involve a certain amount of pain and they run screaming from the shop with only that first dot on their skin.

So, yeah, being the major wuss that I am -- I'd get me a dot.  On some ... fleshy part that doesn't hurt much.

In the extremely unlikely event that the whole tattooing process isn't painful, and I'm really not bothered by it at all, I think I'd get a mobius strip tattooed around my ankle.  (The link is not a link to a photo of a tattoo of a mobius strip -- it's just a link to a picture of a good, old fashioned mobius strip -- for the non-mathematically inclined.)

No comments: