Friday, April 30, 2004

I approve

I read today that John Malkovich has been cast as Lord Voldemort in the fourth Harry Potter picture.

I applaud this decision.  Malkovich is ideal.  I mean, let's look at this:  he's capable of appearing extremely malevolent and oddly snakelike -- and, at the same time, you could still believe a fifteen-year-old kid with glasses getting the better of him in a fight. 

I don't know how, exactly, the Harry Potter franchise usurped Batman as "the movie series everyone wants to be in," but I'm pleased with the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that they cast him in the role.  But let me say, I AGREE completely with you!!!!!    I love John Malkovich under usual circumstances.  But I think he'll be PERFECT in this role!  Now i'm truly excited!  Can't wait to see it!!!

Well first i have to see the third one (coming out this summer, right?)

i already have the first two on video.  

I enjoy the movies, but i'm sorry, the books are so so much better!  I love how detailed they are, and how you can envision the story however you choose to.

thanks for the scoop, NZ!