Monday, November 3, 2003

A cry for help

I am AGAIN puzzled by my inability to write an entry for Fifteen Hours of Fame.  Every time I try to think of what AOL might actually want on its welcome screen, I can't shake the idea that what AOL wants is some horribly sweet piece of glurge that would put you in a diabetic coma just by looking at it, and I just can't be a part of that.

So I beg you, loyal or not-so-loyal readers, throw me a freakin' bone here.  AOL says "Entries should have potential to draw other members to read and comment on the entry."  I can't for the life of me think of such a topic.  What does the Great AOL Reading Public care about my philosophy of life, the worst play I've ever seen, why there's a quarter in my scrapbook, or any of the other half-dozen topics I've considered and thrust aside?

So, what could I possibly write that AOL would think is clickable?  I haven't gone over Niagara Falls (with or without a barrel), haven't kissed Madonna, haven't been groped by the Governor-elect of California, and am not one of those stupid criminals who signs the ransom note with their real name.  (Closest thing I have to a brush with fame is a piece of paper somewhere that says, "Dear [NZ], God Bless You.  Mr. T."  I'm thinkin' that ain't it.)

Now, sure, I might have something going once I've actually bounced down a hill in a big plastic ball, but till then ... give me a topic, please?  I'll do the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I kind of liked the Bridesmaid Tips you did two entries ago. But what do I know? I don't even do jumping jacks.

Anonymous said...

I think getting to know Y OU, and your bonifid journal is nice ... but, then I'm not an AOL judge! The first winner wasn't even one who keeps a real journal here!
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Actually, I would be interested to know how you got the Mr T signature. Were you an A team junky? Did you REQUEST a Mr T autograph? THAT seems like a pretty good nostalgic piece. Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

I was told by my high school English teacher to write what I know. In college, I took a creative writing class where I learned to eliminate unnecessary words. (I love the 2500 character limit!) I have 4 kids and I know a lot of stuff. I am not at risk of running out of material anytime soon. Be forewarned, AOL-J community. That doesn't mean that anybody wants to read it, but I'm a blogger not a clogger!