Saturday, November 22, 2003

Dear Diary... Part 2 of 2

8.  Planned to go to local mall.  Local mall with Rand McNally store.  (And a lovely tea shop where I really like having tea.) 

9.  Went to Mall.  Rand McNally store was boarded up.  Not a good sign.  Pouted all through tea.

10.  Stopped at LensCrafters to get glasses adjusted.  Remembered to bring my coupon for free lens cleaning wipes.  (Thought they might be handy on the road.)

11.  Stopped at Macy's -- thought I'd check out their duffel situation.  Hidden in the corner of their luggage department was a big pile of packable duffels (each in its own little carrying case) of varying sizes, ALL ON SALE.  Score!  Bought a medium sized one and dubbed it "Kit Bag."  Bought a small and named it "Small Overnight Bag for Village." 

... Walking out of Macy's, I overheard this guy reading the directory and saying, "Fine fashion jewelry?  Screw that.  I want the Cheap Crap."  Cracked me up.  I thought, "Here's a man who does not watch 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.'"

12.  Came home.  Actually FINISHED two things I needed to do before I go.  Let's cross them babies off the list.

Woo-hoo.  I believe now is time to watch another few hours of The Two Towers (Special Hoo-Ha Extended Edition With Many Bells And Whistles).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. And excited for you, too. Hope you have a great time and that you blog mightily after.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and productive trip! I like the way you narrated your inner thoughts. (Yay! Boo! Score! Cross them babies off the list!) Made me laugh. And the guy looking for the cheap crap. Who deliberately scopes out the cheap crap? Especially jewelry??!

Anonymous said...

Great entry! I also like the way your narrated your thoughts. Tea shop pout was cute.