Wednesday, March 3, 2004

In brief (ha) 2 of ?

So this trip is something of a flashback to my older self, and -- actually -- the Journey of Self Discovery has already begun.  When I unpacked.  See, when I packed the other day, I packed everything I generally pack for a cold London Theatre trip -- wool skirts, wool pants, wool sweaters.  (There's a theme.)  And, when unpacking, I discovered that, with the exception of a lovely little Merino wool turtleneck I picked up in New Zealand (which, really, I should've bought in every color), I don't wear any of this stuff anymore.  It isn't ME.  I'm thinking of all the other cold-weather-gear back in my closet and wondering why I didn't pack any of THAT.  It's like I associate London with those clothes, and associate both with the type of person I used to be. 

(Is this making sense?  I got about ... no sleep on the ten hour flight, so I don't even want to think about how long I've been awake.)

No comments: