Saturday, February 28, 2004

Oscar Picks (3 of 3)

Best Actress:  I still think Charlize Theron, as does HSX.  I can't see a thing against it.

Best Supporting Actor:  I think Tim Robbins, as does HSX.

Best Supporting Actress:  I think Renee Zellweger, as does HSX.  Although, besides Best Actor, this is the only category HSX shows any real competition. Shohreh Aghdashloo is running at a price more than half of Zellweger's (which is a lot in HSX option terms -- most of the other picks are ahead of their nearest competitor by a factor of 10.)  I think this is the HSX voters looking for the "surprise award" and thinking it might come here.  I disagree.  I think they'll pretty much hand it to Zellweger, after having nominated her for leading actress for the past two years.  Also, since Cold Mountain did not get nominated for Best Picture, it has run an Oscar campaign that pretty much focused on Zellweger (with a secondary nod to score and song).  I expect her to win this one.

No comments: